Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A year from where I started I begin again

Here I am.  I'm back.  In a way a totally different person at a different place in life than last year.  In a way, I'm the same girl.  One of the major life changes I've had this last year was turning 30.  For some reason, 30 has been the one age where I actually "feel different."  I'm no longer "young."  Okay, I know that 30 isn't old and no longer do I even think of 65 as being old, but think about it:  when you were in high school what age did you consider old?  30.  My baby sister turned 18 this year and even she said, "You're gonna be 30?! You're old!"  I'm no longer in my twenties, and I literally feel that several months ago when people learned I was "only" 29, they saw me as younger.  Only a few months later I am 30, and suddenly not a YOUNG adult anymore.  Now I'm full-blown adult status.  I don't mind.  I've never been one to wish myself to be older or younger.  I want to savor each age and stage and year.  Life goes fast.  It truly is a breath or a vapor, if I remember the Bible's description right.   

To sum up my life from last September until this one in two words:  Baby and busy.  Baby, because I just had my 4th baby in just under five years and let me tell you, that pretty much sums up my life these days.  My #1 job, role, and identity label is stay-at-home mommy these days.  And busy because my little ones are all super busy and that keeps me on my toes all. of. the. time.  But, I'm back and I think I'm at a better place to share life with you.  Enjoy my blog.  I certainly hope to.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment