Saturday, September 7, 2013

Weight Watchers--Day 51

58.4 lbs. left to lose until my ultimate goal weight!  Yep, only one pound difference from what I started blogging at 50 days ago.  I don't blame Weight Watchers.  I will "own my weight," as Chris Powell says on Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition (love that show, by the way...but don't have half my body weight to lose...sigh to being overweight but not enough for the cool shows).  Anyway,...I'm the one who got myself to this weight and I'm the one who keeps myself at this weight. In losing weight my goal is not just to do a quick fix losing of weight and go on with my life.  I've lived long enough to know that it must be a lifestyle change if it's going to last.  So, to be quite honest, I have not embraced the Weight Watchers program yet.  I was doing well for a little while.  And then that time of the month came and I let it go.  I felt fat, so I started eating bad again, then the state fair happened, then my anniversary, and my daughter's birthday, and my birthday, etc. etc.   Oh sure, I can list the excuses, but what is the point?  The bottom line is I know what I should be doing and I haven't been doing it.  But I'm choosing to not give up...which is one big reason I chose to do another month of Weight Watchers.  I felt like the Holy Spirit was leading me to join for one more month and, one reason why, I think, is because my self-control with how I was eating went totally out the window again.  I MADE IT TO MY PRE-PREGNANCY WEIGHT.  Woo Hoo!  But, then I chose to fall backwards and I regained weight again.  My next weigh-in for Weight Watchers is in 4 days.  It would be AWESOME to be back at pre-pregnancy weight again.  I don't know if that is do-able or not.  But, I feel like to really give this lifestyle a fair shot, I actually need to embrace it.  I have basically 12 more days until my monthly pass runs out.  I have cancelled it so it won't renew for another month, in part because my budget won't allow that (I wish they gave out scholarships...another sigh).  So I have 12 more days for the at-meeting support of Weight Watchers local staff until I either do this lifestyle on my own or I choose something else to try and embrace as a healthier lifestyle.  Here's to 12 more days and for me, not giving up, but pressing on and facing the fact that I failed, but not forever.  :)     

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment