Friday, July 19, 2013

30 Days of Weight Watchers--Day 1

Well, I did it.  I bit the bullet and joined Weight Watchers.  As mentioned, one of the things I am trying to lose is weight.  Maybe I'll make a "history of" type of explanation of how I got where I am, but I am, as of the Weight Watchers meeting on Wednesday 53.4 lbs. overweight for my height still.  So, longterm, I actually want to lose 59.4 lbs. to be in the middle weight-range for my height.  Yay!  It's finally less than 60 lbs. that I have to lose!  Truthfully, I had joined Weight Watchers last month and lost 3.2 lbs. last month, but for blogging purposes and to give it a real good shot, I am doing another 30 days.  The thing about weight-loss is that it needs to become a lifestyle.  Almost any "diet" will tell you that these days.  But how many of those could you actually follow for life.  I've tried a couple of different things over the last several years.  All of them worked in the short term, but I decided to try Weight Watchers again (I had joined two years ago too, after my second child was born, but didn't last very long), because I could see it becoming a lifestyle for me.  I know people who have lost weight doing it, and kept it off because they continually live the lifestyle.  And Weight Watchers changed their program a bit since I was last in it.  So, here I am at the beginning.  I've also looked into other lifestyles like clean eating, and becoming vegan, and while I'm interested in trying those, Weight Watchers really didn't take any prep. time before starting, so I thought this is where I will start for 30 days.  I was able to join because of a gift from someone (you'll see more about my finances in other posts), and just bought the monthly pass.  Look it up at weightwatchers.com if you want to do this.  Their site will help you find a meeting local to your area and you can pay either on-line or at the meeting.  So--my first day I way over-ate.  I tracked my food and 5k training (see post on that), but bottom line is that even when they say that being a nursing mom means lots more points, it's still not a lot to someone who is used to living a lifestyle of overeating.  Good thing they give you a weekly allowance too, which I dipped into for the day.  My goal this week is to follow the plan as much to a T as I can, because I really want to reach my first short-term goal within the next two weeks if possible.  I broke down my weight-loss goals into mini-goals.  My first mini-goal is to lose 2.4 more pounds which will bring me down to pre-pregnancy weight with my third baby!  I have NEVER made it to pre-pregnancy weight before.  Each pregnancy I started out heavier and heavier, so this would be a major accomplishment for me.  Here's to my somewhere in weight loss.  I have 30 days from today to see if Weight Watchers is a realistic lifestyle for me.  And, after those 30 days, sadly, I will probably have to do it on my own or do something different, because I won't be able to afford it next month unless something changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment