Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Where Do I Start To Lose?/An intro.

Have you ever felt SO frustrated to the point that you don't know what to do?  You are so far gone in a particular area that there is no possible way (so you think) to get out of it.  Sometimes you even search for help, yet there never seems to be a "right" answer to help you get out of the mess you are in.  Well, I have felt that way A LOT.

Example #1--One day I was super frustrated with my house.  By nature, I am not a clean person.  My house is usually disheveled to some level.  And I also feel like I am constantly working on this.  It's not like I don't try or care.  I do.  Anyway, so I call my Grandma, who is the kind of person whose floor you could eat off of it's so clean.  She had five children plus foster children so I thought surely, she must have some advice.  I said, "Grandma, how did you keep your house clean with little ones at home?"  She responds, "You thought my house was clean?  Hah!"  Thanks for the help, Grandma.  :)  Not encouraging.

Example #2--I am overweight and have been for quite some time.  So I noticed this girl who I used to know has lost a remarkable amount of weight, and I'd guess in a healthy way, because she is now one of those marathon-running type people.  A HUGE change (no pun intended) in her life, noticeable to all.  So I contact her to see how she did it, what's her secret?  I sincerely want to know.  And I never get a response. 

So, my question in any area is:  Where do I start to Lose (or Gain, for that matter)?  The answer is really quite simple: SOMEwhere.  Huh?  Yep, somewhere.  You can't move in any direction if you don't take an action and move right?  So these are the stories of my "somewheres," the steps I'm taking to lose to gain.  And in part I write so that when some one eventually asks me (and I hope that they do) how I lost in any area: weight, debt, surrendering to God, whatever, that I can say: "check out my blog.  this is my journey."  I don't believe in "magic formulas."  It takes a lot to get me sold on a certain brand or way of life.  I'm a skeptical, to put it bluntly.  And it might not be any one way that I take to lose weight, for example.  I might try different things.  But, the important thing is that I move in the right direction; that I don't be lazy and stay as I am, but that I strive for something better, to be a better version of me. 

I will say the one area where there is only one way, is to God, and that is through his son Jesus Christ.  "For God so loved the world (that's us) that he gave His One and Only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" --John 3:16 Jesus also said in John 14:6 " ... I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." That said, I still struggle with growing in Christ.  How do I remain in God and He in me, as it says in the Bible (in John 15)?  There's an old song that says, "Read your Bible, always pray, tell of Jesus love each day..." etc. But how?  How do I, who has a busy little household with three kids, never gets enough sleep, and rarely has alone time, seek the God of the Bible?  There are no "right" answers I don't think.  The answer is to start SOMEwhere. 

So, I start my journey today.  Not on a Monday, not on the first of the month, or even the 15th of the month.  But I'm starting Somewhere.  I hope you start somewhere too.       

No comments:

Post a Comment